Sunday, June 10, 2012

Owl Theme Behavior Chart - (and my FIRST post)

My first post!  This is so exciting!  I have to say - sometimes I can talk your ear off get a little wordy because I get hyper when it comes to creating.  I've been a blog lurker follower for years, and I am always astonished by the talented teachers out there.  Let me just say now, I do not claim to be as awesome as any of them, but every once in a while I get an idea, so I hope to be able to share my random moments of creativity as they come to me.  

Now, for my first attempt to dazzle you . . . . (hee hee), I have taken a wonderful idea from Kindergals, and I've changed it to match my classroom theme (which is owls).  I used the behavior chart from Kindergals most of last year, and it was AWESOME!!!  My pre-k students loved it, and it works so well.  I can't say enough good stuff about it - so check it out!  

As the year came to a close, I knew I wanted to change it up for next year, and here is what I came up with today.


It is not laminated (YET), and it doesn't have clothespins either, but this gives you the general idea.  The students will start EVERY MORNING on the yellow Ready Raccoon.  They can move up or down depending on their choices/behavior.  I really like to make a big deal out of moving them up the chart, and they try very hard.  Another good thing about this system is that you can tailor it for each child.  You might have an exemplary student and a more challenging student, and you can reward them both for their attempts!  

 At our school, we are required to keep behavior/communication folders, so I will put a copy of this reference chart in the folder for parents to refer to when they look at the weekly progress report below.  


To get your copy of the reference chart and progress report, click here.

To get your copy of the behavior chart, click here.

Thank you so much for reading my very first blog post . . . stay tuned - I really hope there's more!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I happen to read your post on Mrs. Will's site about writing with PreK and you had mentioned your district wrote some common core goals for preK. I teach in WI and we too have adopted the common core, but as of right now we are not writing them for our K4 program. Would you be willing to share with me what your district has written up?

    I liked what you did with your behavior chart, can't believe though that is a school requirement to have to do this weekly. Whew, that must get tiresome after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I loved your chart! This seems like it would engage the kids and its sooooo cute! Glad to have a link! is there any way you can put up a link for the bigger version you have posted in the picture!?

    ReplyDelete